Monstera plants thrive in bright, indirect sunlight. Besides facilitating growth and photosynthesis, the plant requires light to develop fenestrations.
Grow lights provide light to plants with limited access to bright indirect sunlight. This way, you prevent your plant from wilting and dying.
This article focuses on the best grow lights for Monstera. Moreover, we offer a buyer’s guide to help you make informed purchases.
Read on to learn more;
Best Grow Lights for Monstera
- GHodec Sunlight White 50W 84 LED – Best Overall Grow Light for Monstera
- KingLED Newest 1000w LED Grow Lights – Best Premium Grow Light for Monstera
- Relassy LED for Indoor Plants – Best Grow Light for Variegated Monstera
- Barrina LED V-Shape with Reflector – Best Mounted Grow Light For Monstera
- Bseah Plant Lights for Indoor Plants – Best Hanging Grow Light for Indoor Plants
- Mars Hydro TSW2000 Led – Best Durable Grow Light for Monstera
- SANSI LED for Indoor Plants – Best Energy-efficient Grow Lights for Monstera
What Are Grow Lights?
Grow lights, also called artificial light, provide supplemental lighting for indoor plants. They create a suitable environment, allowing your Monstera plant to grow yearlong, regardless of the season.
Simply put, houseplant enthusiasts substitute natural sunlight with grow lights to encourage photosynthesis in any climate.
7 Best Grow Lights for Monstera Reviews
1. Best Overall Grow Light for Monstera – GHodec Sunlight White 50W 84 LED
- 【6000K Growing Light/Reading Lamp】Eqqiuped with 5 Red+37 Sunlight White LEDs in each bar,which is similar to the sunlight at noon,and ideal for all sorts of indoor plants at all growth stages.Also,this 6000K LED lights provides exceptional color-rendering up to 95 ,it is flicker-free and soft light,perfect for you to reading at night.
- 【Auto On/Off Timing Function】GHodec indoor plant lights offer 3 timing options-4H/8H/12H lighting time everyday. Auto on/off and no more manually operation everyday.Each LED bar can control its on/off separately. You can press the switch button multiple times -- one light ON, two lights ON, or all are off.You can also adjust the brightness of the led grow lamp according to your plants needs.
- 【Sturdy Gooseneck & Strong Clamp】with anti-slip clamp and 360-degree adjustable gooseneck,it allows you to place the plant light in any direction to provide the best lighting angle for your plants coverage around the plants .
- 【Highly Efficient】 as for LED power draw this plant lamp is highly efficient. A good gift for your plants if you growing some small plants，like seedlings,succulents,house-plants,etc.
- 【Widely Used】Suitable for balconies,greenhouses,darkroom,office and so on.Widely apply to the culture solution,gardening,potted plants,especially when the plant needs extra light when raining,snowing,dark indoor,etc.
This model from GHodec is specially designed to suit plants at various growth stages. It boasts a quality build and lasts long.
The product offers 3 timing options for indoor plants, including 4h, 8h, and 12h lighting time. This 6000K LED lighting is also flicker-free and provides excellent color rendering up to 95.
Besides, it produces a soft light, ideal for all indoor plants. Moreover, it features an automatic On/Off, eliminating the need to operate it manually daily.
The product features 5 Red and 37 white LEDs in each bar. This cadence produces an effect similar to the midday sunlight.
Also, this model stands out from the rest since it allows you to adjust the brightness depending on your plant’s requirements.
The LED grow lamp features a strong, anti-slip clamp and a sturdy gooseneck.
The gooseneck offers an adjustable angle of up to 360 degrees, allowing you to focus the light in a particular direction. This provides the perfect lighting angle, covering all your plants.
Also, the product is compact and highly efficient, allowing you to deploy it in balconies, darkrooms, greenhouses, and offices.
With its 50W output, this grow light provides sufficient lighting at an affordable price.
However, you’ll want to reconsider purchasing this product for bigger houseplants or if you have several plants. Typically, the light won’t suffice and offers limited coverage.
Another downside of this model is its tendency to emit heat over time. Consequently, this may take a toll on your Monstera, affecting its lifespan.
- It features a compact size
- It offers adjustable brightness
- It provides natural-like light
- It’s suitable for all indoor plants
- It emits heat over time
- It offers a limited coverage area
- It isn’t suitable for bigger plants
2. Best Premium Grow Light for Monstera – KingLED Newest 1000w LED Grow Lights
- HIGH QUALITY LED GROW LIGHT: KingLED grow light has adopted the newest LM301B LEDs and to provide high PAR output, high energy efficiency with 2.8 umol/J while improving light penetration. Perfect for 3’x3’ vegetative coverage and 2.5’x2.5’ flowering coverage
- FULL SPECTRUM LED GROW LIGHT: The proportion of the spectrum has been adjusted in order to provide more matching spectrum for MJ, provides full spectrum lighting of natural light for plants, veg and bloom modes are designed to provide proper light for plants in different growth stages from seedling to flowering to greatly increase your harvest.
- COST-EFFECTIVE LED GROW LIGHT: Different from the traditional HPS, Our KP1000 LED light adopts a high-tech SMD LEDs and reflector technology , compares to traditional 400W HPS/MH while consuming only 110W! It provides brighter light and save more electricity which also can save a lot of money for you
- DURABLE LED GROW LIGHT:Multiple high-speed mute fans and upgraded aluminum radiators enable the light bulb to work at 50°F to 60°F that is lower than other lamps. In a lower temperatures, your plant won’t be burned which could increase your lighting time and promote plant growth, Super long use time, so that you do not have to change the light frequently
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICE: 3 years Professional Service and free return for 90 days. KingLED Laboratory has more than seven years of sales with after-sale service team professional in design, sales and production for the best products and service for the majority of customers. If you have any questions, please contact us freely, and we will reply within 24 hours to provide you a satisfactory result
I recommend this product from KingLED if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option. This high-quality grow light adopts the latest LM301B LEDs for high PAR output.
Moreover, it features a 10x optical condenser with high energy efficiency to improve light penetration.
The full spectrum lighting provides natural-like light for plants and vegetation at different stages of growth.
Also, using the product for your plant, from seedling to flowering, will increase your harvest by a long stretch.
This cost-effective KP1000 LED light also adopts state-of-the-art SMD LEDs and reflector technology.
While it compares to the traditional 400W HPS lights, this model consumes only 145W. So, not only does it provide brighter light, but it also saves more energy.
This way, it prevents your hard-earned money from washing down the drain. You’ll also appreciate the product’s durability, which minimizes the need to change the lights frequently.
It also features upgraded aluminum radiators and high-velocity mute fans, dissipating minimal heat of up to 50°F- 60°F. This is often lower than other lamps.
With its low temperatures, you needn’t worry about burning your Monstera’s leaves. Also, lower temperatures allow you to increase the lighting time, promoting plant growth.
- It provides bright, full-spectrum light
- It dissipates minimal heat
- It’s durable
- It’s expensive
- It doesn’t include a timer function
3. Best Grow Light for Variegated Monstera – Relassy LED for Indoor Plants
- ►【Original Product, Relassy Brand】Best sunlike full spectrum grow light - With 72 high quality(50,000 hours lifetime), high par value(96 μmol/m2·s at 12in) and high efficiency(actual working power 20W+-5%) LED chips, the wave of the light from 380nm to 800nm. delivers more highly-uniform light needed by plants than those single red and blue spectrum grow lights on the market, the most top lighting solution for commercial growers and home hobbyists
- ►【Auto Turn On / Off Timer】 This led plant grow light strips has a memory function it can be set up to turn off after 3H/ 6H/ 12H. 3 color timing lights correspond to the 3 timing modes.In the case of continuous power and don't manually turn off, the light will automatically turn on at the same time on the next day.
- ►【Larger Illumination Area】 With 120° beam angle and 18 inch gooseneck, which enlarge the area of the effective lighting. Equipped with flexible gooseneck and rotatable bulbs, that is much easier for you to adjust the angle and the distance between the light and plants. So our plant light can provide 360-degree illumination for your plants and promote their growth. Besides, you can select 3 different lighting mode with dual switch design.
- ►【5 Brightness & 3 Switch Modes】5 adjustable brightness to suit varied stages of plant growth,and 3 Switch Modes Left light on,Rihgt lights on and Two lights on.360-degree flexible gooseneck with clip that can easily adjust the angle and distance,which enlarge the illumination area and provided more efficient lighting for more plants.
- ►【Safe for Indoor Use】 Our LED grow lights adopt the technology of overcurrent, overheating, overvoltage protection, also have been certified by FCC, CE, ROHS, and PSE. This indoor plant grow lights can be safely used for indoor plants, hydroponics, greenhouses, etc. What's more, this plant grow lights indoor also can be used as a desk light, table light or eye-caring lamp with the imitated natural light
This is the go-to option if you’re looking for a full spectrum grow light for variegated Monstera. The product features 72 high-quality LED chips with a lifetime of up to 50000 hours.
Moreover, the highly efficient LED chips offer a high par value of 96 μmol/m2s. You can rely on this model to deliver the bright and uniform light required for your indoor plants to thrive.
Unlike most single red and blue spectrum artificial lights, this lighting solution will suffice the needs of both houseplant hobbyists and commercial growers.
With its built-in memory function, you can set an automatic On/Off timer to provide 3, 6, or 12 hours of light daily.
The LED grow light strips also include 3 color timing lights to correspond with the 3 timing modes.
This option also offers a wider illumination angle with its 18-inch gooseneck and 120-degree beam angle.
Moreover, the gooseneck is flexible and features rotatable bulbs. This allows you to adjust the distance and angle between the plants and light.
With the plant grow light, you can achieve 360° illumination for all your plants, promoting their growth.
The product also offers 5 adjustable brightness options to match different stages of plant growth.
Moreover, it offers 3 switch modes allowing you to operate the right and left lights independently. The last mode lets you turn the right and left lights on.
With this product, you needn’t worry about overheating, overcurrent, or overvoltage. So you can safely deploy it for your houseplants, hydroponics, or greenhouses.
As expected, this product comes with its fair share of downsides. It has a less durable build and positioning the arm can be challenging.
Moreover, it consumes a lot of energy, which will reflect on your electricity bill.
- It delivers a full spectrum, sunlike light
- It includes a timing function
- The brightness is adjustable
- It offers a wide coverage
- High electricity cost
- Not suitable for all indoor plants
4. Best Mounted Grow Light For Monstera – Barrina LED V-Shape with Reflector
- Full spectrum - Barrina grow light is a great option for plants that in seedling, vegetative and flowering cycle. It provides light that plants need, especially blue and red light
- Super Bright - Each plant light has 192pcs 0.5w leds chips, providing higher PPFD than traditional grow light
- Reflector - The light efficiency can be increased by 17~20% with reflector. The shell of our light was made of 100% aluminum which provides the high-efficiency heat dissipation. Ensuring the longer service life of the led chips
- Easy Installation - The package have 3pcs power cords. You could link up to 6 led grow light strips in a series by 48 inches connecting cords. Saving your installation cost and time
- What You Get - 2 years warranty. Please contact seller if you have any problem
Here’s another grow light option that will meet your plant’s lighting needs in the seedling, vegetative, and blossoming cycles.
This full spectrum LED model from Barrina provides red and blue light, essential for your Monstera to thrive. This super bright product contains 192 0.5Watts LED chips in each light.
As a result, you can rely on this option to provide higher PFFD compared to traditional grow lights. Moreover, it includes a reflector that enhances light efficiency by 17% to 20%.
It also includes a durable aluminum shell that provides high-efficiency heat dissipation. Subsequently, this ensures a longer lifespan for the LED chips.
This package also includes 3 power cords that facilitate easy installation. You could connect 6 LED light strips in series using the connecting cords.
In turn, you save on time and installation costs. This indoor plant grow light is suitable for all hydroponics, houseplants, and greenhouses.
Besides plants, you can deploy this versatile product as your table, desk, or eye-caring light. Lastly, the product has a 2-year warranty for manufacturing or workmanship defects.
- It provides bright and intense light
- It’s energy efficient
- It features an adjustable design
- It’s versatile and multi-purpose
- It includes unstable clips
- It lacks a timing function
5. Best Hanging Grow Light for Indoor Plants – Bseah Plant Lights for Indoor Plants
- Full Spectrum LEDs with Yellow and White Combination: 3 timing options and 10 dimmable lightness Meet the needs of photosynthesis in different stages of plants.
- Circular-Memory Timer: Set up once, the plant grow light will turn on and turn off automatically at the same time every day for 3/9/12 hours.
- Larger Illumination Area: 120° beam angle 3 heads lamps, equipped with flexible gooseneck and rotatable bulbs.
- Strong and Stable: The metal gooseneck is strong enough, with a non-slip mat design, which can fix the lamp well and make the grow light stand.
- Widely used: Widely used for seeding, gardening, flower show, potted plants. Promise 12-months warranty plus a 30-day money-back guarantee.
This product from Bseah is a superb investment for indoor plants, particularly Monstera.
With this grow light, your plant will grow greener and fuller yearlong. It’s a full spectrum LED option with a white and yellow light combination.
The product also includes a convenient timer function, facilitating a hands-free operation. The timer function includes 3 timing options, providing 3h, 9h, or 12h of light per day.
Even more, the timer includes built-in memory that turns On/Off the plant lights automatically at a similar time.
Moreover, the product includes 10 dimmable brightness levels. This way, you can adjust the brightness to meet different light requirements for photosynthesis in varying growth stages of your plant.
Bseah Plant lights for indoor plants offer a wider illumination area with a beam angle of up to 120 degrees. Moreover, it includes 3 headlamps, with rotatable bulbs and a flexible gooseneck.
Lastly, this versatile option is suitable for seeding, potted plants, gardening, and flower show. It also comes with a 1-year warranty and a 1-month money-back guarantee.
- It provides full-spectrum light
- Adjustable brightness
- It includes a timer function
- It emits heat
- It isn’t suitable for bigger plants
- Clips are unstable
6. Best Durable Grow Light for Monstera – Mars Hydro TSW2000 Led
- 2023 UPGRADED HIGHLY-REFLECTIVE HOOD LED LIGHT: The upgraded white reflector design on TSW2000 grow light is patented, With a refraction angle of 120°, it can cover a wider reflector range to enhance its light intensity as well as assist plants in absorbing more light. The actual power of TSW2000 is 300 watts, while other brand model 2000 is only 200 watts.
- NEW DIODES LAYOUT & HIGH EFFICIENCY WHITE LED GROW LIGHT : The new diodes arrangement of dense in the middle and sparse on both sides makes the led light more uniform between middle and sides than old arrangement of other brand lights.Perfect for 3x3ft bloom stage, 4x4ft veg stage. Over 90% light energy can be absorbed by plants; Higher intensity and more even coverage in a MARS HYDRO grow tent, reflective area, or by crossing over using multiple TS series LED lights.
- LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION GROW LIGHTING: Consuming only 300W with 704 LEDS! Equipped with Newest SMD LED technology to provide highest PAR/LUMEN output, designed to replace a single-ended 450watt HPS; MARS HYDRO TSW 2000 Plants Growing lamp can assure a 30% more return than the old HPS/MH lights and saves up to 50% energy than other led grow lights.
- SUNLIKE FULL SPECTRUM LED INDOOR GROWING LIGHT: 730-740nm Red IR/3200-4200Knm/5200-6800Knm,spectra that makes most light in the 400-700nm waveband, best for all plants all stages growing, rapid plant response from seed to flower and increase yield & crop quality.
- DIMMING & DAISY CHAIN FEATURE GROW LIGHT: Upon an independent dimming button on the external driver,adjustable 0-100% settings adaptation and up to 30 LEDs Light daisy-chained in a group; Auto sensing power supply works on both 120VAC and 240VAC and 277VAC, suit for Large Rooms and Personal Setups.
Tired of replacing your grow lights regularly? Worry no more. This product from Mars Hydro is one of the most durable grow lights on the market.
The metal gooseneck is sturdy and has a non-slip design, allowing the grow light to stand.
It also features a patented white reflector design that enhances the light intensity, allowing the plant to absorb more light.
Moreover, the product offers a 120-degree refraction angle to cover a wider reflector range. The upgraded model features a new arrangement of diodes, dense at the center and sparse on either side.
This arrangement makes the led lights more uniform, allowing the plants to absorb over 90% of light energy.
Besides, with an actual power of 300W, this product delivers higher-intensity light with even coverage.
Despite providing a higher PAR value, this product boasts low energy consumption, making it an energy-efficient option.
This full spectrum grow light also provides a sunlike lighting option with a 400-700 nm spectrum.
The product also includes a dimming button, allowing you to adjust the light intensity depending on the monstera light requirements.
A major downside of this product is the ambiguity of the installation instructions. Nevertheless, it offers good value for your money.
- It provides good coverage
- It boasts a high-quality design
- It provides intense light
- Installation instructions are unclear
7. Best Energy-efficient Grow Lights for Monstera – SANSI LED for Indoor Plants
- FULL SPECTRUM HIGH EFFICIENCY GROW LIGHTS: SANSI grow light emits all wavelengths from 380nm to 800nm - just like natural sunlight. With white light efficient LED diodes and higher PAR output, grow lights greatly promote indoor growth by accelerating photosynthesis, ideal for all growth stages and a variety of plants such as herbs, succulents, orchids, cherry tomatoes, monstera, etc.
- LIFETIME REPLACEABLE BULBS & QUALITY GUARANTEES: Grow bulbs can be replaced, which facilitates customers to replace broken bulbs and avoids to repurchasing the whole grow light. Additionally, SANSI offers a whole-life free warranty for the bulb. The grow light is ETL listed, and quality and safety verified. (Attention Please: The max safety wattage rating is 10W for each head). We have a professional service team that provides 7x24 online help. Please contact our team on Amazon Message if you met any Problems.
- 360° GOOSENECK & EASY TO USE: SANSI plant light is equipped with a flexible Gooseneck & strong clamp, it's very easy to install and use and allows you flexibly adjust the light to make every plant covered by 360° surrounding light.
- ENERGY SAVING: This grow lights for indoor plants provide a bright light output of 900LM. Save 90% on your electricity bill by using a high-lumen LED chip equivalent to a 100-watt traditional light bulb while consuming only 10 watts.
- PROFESSIONAL HIGH-EFFICIENCY SOLUTIONS FOR INDOOR PLANT GROWTH: SANSI offers a number of core patented technologies that provide more efficient and stable lighting, effectively help your beloved plants thrive, and support a variety of usage scenarios (desktop, plant stand, desk, and hanging), which can be flexible placement anywhere in your home or office.
Inexpensive and energy-efficient, the SANSI LED grow light is a superb choice for a full-spectrum plant light. With a waveband of 380 nm to 800 nm, this product emits IR, UV, blue, and red lights.
It also includes white light-efficient LEDs with a higher PAR output. This growth light promoted indoor growth by hastening photosynthesis.
Besides being suitable for all growth stages, the product is ideal for various plants, including succulents, herbs, cherry tomatoes, and monsteras.
Additionally, this energy-saving option allows you to save up to 90% on your electric bill. The product, consuming about 10W only, utilizes high-lumen LED chips equivalent to a 100W traditional light bulb.
In addition to encouraging growth, the light allows tropical plants to flourish year long regardless of the climate.
Despite its high light intensity, the bulb doesn’t get hot. As a result, you needn’t worry about scorching your plant’s foliage with this product.
- It’s compact yet effective
- It offers a wider coverage
- It includes an automatic on/off function
- It includes a timer function
- Doesn’t turn off fully
- The timer can malfunction
Buyer’s Guide: Factors to Consider When Picking the Best Grow Lights for Monstera
Grow lights vary in size and form. Moreover, different products emit light, including LED, HID (High-intensity Discharge), Fluorescent, and plasma.
Subsequently, you’ll want to pick the best option for your Monstera. Here are vital aspects to consider;
Type of Light
While grow lights emit different lights depending on the type, consider using LED lights.
Besides being popular, LED lights offer numerous benefits for indoor plants. Here’s what to consider when purchasing LED lights for your Monstera;
Wattage is useful in determining the correct fixture for your indoor plant. Higher wattage typically provides more energy to your plants while impacting your electricity bill.
Ideally, you require about 32W per square foot.
Monstera plants thrive in the right light spectrum. We recommend utilizing full-spectrum LED light with varying wavelengths.
PAR value denotes whether the available light supports photosynthesis. Use grow lights with high PAR value for your Monstera to bloom.
Heat tends to burn the leaves of Monsteras. So, ensure your grow light dissipates minimal heat and is cool.
Dimmer and Timer
Grow lights that include a timer and dimmer allow you to adjust the light intensity and duration. This is vital to meet the plant’s requirements depending on the growth stage.
Size and Number of Plants
The number of plants you’re growing is vital in determining the best grow light for Monstera. If you have a single Monstera, one bulb will suffice.
Contrastingly, if your Monstera is too big for a single bulb or you’re growing various plants, you’ll want a larger plant to grow light.
In this case, standing lights will be the best option. Alternatively, use HID grow lights.
While you shouldn’t skimp on the quality of grow lights, consider working below your budget. You can find efficient plant grow lights without breaking the bank.
Typically, the price of your grow light will depend on additional features, including dimmable light, auto on/off, or adjustable spectrum.
Duration of Use
Another factor worth your consideration is the duration of use. If you plan to use the grow light for shorter periods, incandescent grow lights will do.
However, steer clear from them if you’ll use the grow light for extended periods. Typically, incandescent bulbs tend to swelter when turned on for longer durations.
In this case, you’ll want LED lights since they remain cool regardless of the duration of use.
Tips on Using Your Monstera Grow Lights
Here are some tips to get the most out of your plant grow lights;
Distance from Plant
The distance between your Swiss cheese plant and the grow light will impact the light’s effectiveness.
Place the grow lights about 30cm (12 inches) from your plant. Typically, light intensity decreases with an increase in distance.
However, place it at least 60 cm (24 inches) from the plant for incandescent bulbs. With their high heat signature, you risk burning the leaves of your Monstera by placing it too close.
You may need a grow light with a timer function, depending on your schedule. This way, you can schedule when to provide light to your Monstera.
The timer function eliminates the need to manually operate the light, allowing you to enjoy a hands-free experience.
Can Grow Lights Burn My Monsteras?
You risk burning your Monstera by placing the grow light too close. However, this issue is more prevalent with incandescent lights since they get hotter over time.
If you are concerned about burning your plant’s foliage, opt for LED grow lights. Remember to adjust the distance between the plant and the grow light as the plant grows.
What Kind Of Light Does Monstera Need?
Monstera plants thrive in medium-bright to bright indirect light. While it can tolerate the morning and evening sun, keep the plant away from direct sunlight. Although Monstera can thrive in low light levels, it will exhibit slower growth. Also, the fenestrations might fail to develop fully.
Which Light Color Is Best For Monstera?
Grow lights exist in various colors, but blue light is more popular and effective, especially for Monsteras. Besides promoting growth, blue light mode enables the plant to develop flowers. However, you can substitute blue light with green or white grow lights.
Can Monstera Thrive In Artificial Light?
Low-light foliage plants, including Monstera, can thrive in artificial light. While sunlight has the proper wavelength mix for plants to bloom, you can substitute it with artificial light. LED lights are popular among houseplant enthusiasts since they don’t emit heat.
How Much Light Do Monstera Plants Need?
Like other flowering plants, Monsteras require about six to eight hours of light daily. However, Monsteras can tolerate up to 12 hours of light since they are tropical plants. Nevertheless, the plant will require periods of darkness to carry out respiration.
Finding the perfect spot for your Monstera to receive sufficient indirect light is often difficult, especially indoors.
Since you don’t want your plant to get scorched by direct sunlight, you’ll want to invest in the best grow lights for Monstera.
Fortunately, grow lights come in different types and sizes. For your Monstera, we recommend using GHodec Sunlight White 50W 84 LED.